ATOM QLD and Essential Screen Skills present: Define and Refine Virtual Conference This year’s ATOM QLD State Conference is shaping up differently. 2020 has had us Define and Refine our practice as a result of a pandemic, the implementation of a new syllabus and the announcement of a review of our National Curriculum. We are hosting a virtual State Conference with our friends from Essential Crew to bring you keynotes, workshops and panels targeted to enhance our pedagogy, advocacy and curriculum implementation. This year we are only looking for workshops where delegates can apply content knowledge and/or skills during the session.
We are looking for workshops aligned to the following topics:
- Production skills (e.g. sound, lighting, cinematography, editing, production hacks, etc.)
- Pedagogy (.e.g how to teach cognitive processes, formative testing methods, feedback methods, leveraging digital technologies, gamification, etc.)
- Designing multidisciplinary units
- Lessons teaching the TRAIL key concepts
- Designing Media Arts in Practice program
- Designing Unit 1, 2, 3 or 4 of the current Senior Syllabus
- Designing Media Arts units/lessons for Primary
- Designing Media Arts units/lessons for Junior Secondary
Workshops will need to include activities for delegates to complete during the presentation and link to the conference theme.
Title of Abstract: Mobile Animations
Summary of Abstract:
Have a mobile device? Use the iPad in the class? Refine the apps you use for animating. Delegates will get a crash course through a couple different types of animation and how to use free animation apps on mobile devices. You will walk away from this session with the skills for illustrated animation and stop motion animation. You must install FlipaClip, Animation Desk and Stop Motion Studio on your mobile device and have some objects at the ready such as lego or paper, pen and scissors.
The closing date for abstracts is Friday 14th August.
The conference will occur on Friday 9th and Saturday 10th October.
Fill in the form here
ATOM QLD executive